Monday, November 16, 2009

One year ago today


One year ago today we stepped off a plane in Brussels, jet-lagged and exhausted. Last summer, when we found out we were headed to Deutschland, I wrote this, as we were beginning to make lists of all the things we wanted to see and do while we were here. I'm happy to report, we've done all of this, and more.

It's been a good year: Nurnberg, Rothenburg, Trier, the Mosel Valley, Bruges, Keukenhof, Salzburg, Polish pottery, Scotland, and Paris and D's made it to Italy, Greece, and Norway... Not to mention all the many "local" places we've gotten to explore.


I think my favorite local haunt, to date, is Satzvey Castle (although Monschau is a very close second), while my favorite trip is too hard to decide. I've loved them all.

What's left on the list: Bavaria, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Ireland, Krakow, Spain and Gibraltar, Normandy, Switzerland, Nove pottery, Venice, Vienna, and so so much more.

stay tuned........

No comments: