Saturday, August 18, 2007

Bangers and Mash

Landed inthe UK this afternoon, specifically Mildenhall, a small town in east Anglia, a couple hour drive north of London. Had to wait around a couple hours to get a room, but will be her at least tonight and tomorrow night. After that we might head down into London itself for a day or two.

Tonight we walked from our hotel to local pub and ate in thoroughly British style. D had bangers and beans and chips and black pudding. I had pot pie. And beer. Did we mention the beer? Did you know Ale's are traditionally served at room temperature (or so says this local barkeep)

Tomorrow we are day-tripping to Cambridge.

I complaine I didn't have cool enough clothes for a long stay in espana. Well, here I'm not sure I have warm enough clothes, even with my windbreaker. We got off the plane to the typical British mist. Currently (9:00 PM), it's 53.
More Later

No comments: